- The chance to be part of a fast-growing and future-oriented startup: we are one of the biggest players in the solar business.
- Help to make the world a bit better: we are all about green energy.
- Direct impact on our corporate success and exciting career opportunities: leave your footprint.
- Close cooperation with the management team while shaping Enpal’s tech DNA: you will be part of our first Tech Team.
- Work with the best in the industry and grow with us: there’s plenty of room for your ideas.
- A great work environment in our Berlin office, or focused work from home- you decide.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer Backend to join our great tech team in Berlin to create the future of our products. Responsibilities will include the backend architecture in the respective cloud framework, design of Restful Services, Creation of APIs, and definition of Data Exchange Formats (JSON, XML, SOAP).
You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle. If you’re also familiar with Agile methodologies, we’d like to meet you.
In our Energy Cloud Computing Backend framework, you will be responsible for server centric applications.
- You work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions.
- You take ownership for suggestion and implementation of your own ideas.
- You participate in the creation of culture and frameworks for our engineering processes.
- You use creative thinking – we are building most of our features from scratch.
- You develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications.
- You write effective APIs and technical documentation.
- You test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency and troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software.
- You create security and data protection settings.
- You build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- You optimize backend for maximum speed and scalability.
- BSc/MSc in computer science or similar study programs. PhD is a plus.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (C, C++, C# Go, Java, Python, Node.js)
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies microservices, serverless, and cloud-native.
- Experience with DevOps tools (Jenkins, gitlab, Docker, ansible, packer, terraform, chef, puppet)
- Good understanding of Cloud frameworks (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Understanding of architectural Principles such as Microservices, MVC, etc.
- Ability and willingness to solve challenging engineer problems and learn new domains
- Excellent English skills, German is a plus.